Comic Con is this week and we are very excited to be covering the event, but have you been wondering what is happening on which day? Having trouble searching through the entire schedule to find the information you want to find? Well, you no longer need to worry. We did the hard part, scrolling endlessly through the schedule to bring you the top panels and events happening at the con by day. Today, we’ll be covering Preview Night, Thursday and Friday. Since not everyone gets into preview night (and it’s not really got much going on) it should be the quickest and easiest section to cover.
So let’s start with Wednesday, a.k.a. Preview Night. If you haven’t heard already, there is this amazing chance for you to draw tickets for the Star Trek Beyond world premiere on Wednesday during the day. Starting at 11am on Wednesday, fans can line up for the drawing at noon, which will give a limited number of fans the chance to win tickets to the red carpet event that evening. Tickets will be drawn for two hours and per usual Comic Con fashion, you may get back in line for another chance to draw a winning ticket. YOU DO NOT NEED A PREVIEW NIGHT TICKET FOR THIS EVENT! That’s the best part! All you need is a valid Comic Con pass for any day of the con for your chance to draw. This is by far the most exciting event that we’ve seen at Comic Con as of yet.
For the actual preview night events though, for those of us who don’t draw a winning ticket that is, there will be a special sneak peek of the Pilot Screenings for the following television shows: Riverdale, Powerless, People of Earth, Frequency and Time After Time. There will also be a viewing of the new episode from Teen Titans Go! This panel will be taking place in Ballroom 20. Other than that, it’s a night to just explore the floor and maybe check out a few of the booths before the crowds descend on the convention center.
Thursday is the first official day of the con and it’s full of exciting things for you to do and see. The following panels will be held in Hall H:
- Dreamworks Animation Theatrical
- Beginning at 10am, this 90-minute panel invites you to find your happy place with a special Trolls presentation moderated by Chris Hardwick. The panel will feature Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, director Mike Mitchell, co-director Walt Dohrn and producer Gina Shay.
- The Snowden panel begins at 11:45am. Featuring filmmaker Oliver Stone, in his first Comic Con visit, and actors Joseph Gordo-Levitt, Shailene Woodley and Zachary Quinto, this panel presented by Open Road Films, features never-before-seen footage from Snowden.
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Begins at 1pm. With a summer of 2017 release, the first ever public footage of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets will be featured at Comic Con in Hall H. Not only is it the first footage from the film, but it’s the first-ever Hall H presentation of Luc Besson, acclaimed director/producer/writer, with a panel including Luc Besson, Virginie Besson-Silla, Dane DeHaan and moderator Josh Horowitz. There will be some special surprise panelists so you’ll have to attend to see who will be there.
- Feral Audio Live with Dan Harmon and his Podcast Pals
- Begins at 2:15pm. Here comes a Hall H live podcast including some of the top names in podcasting! Don Harmon brings to the stage some of his best pals and fellow podcasters for the podcast event of Comic Con. The panelists will include, Cameron Eposito, Rhea Butcher, Johnny Pemberton, Steve Agee, Georgia Hardstark, Karen Kilgariff, Alie Ward, Mike Michell, Nick Wiger, Jeff B. Davis and many more!
- Under the Radar
- Begins at 3:30pm. Get an in depth look at the film adaptation of Chris Palahniuk’s award winning novel, The panel will be moderated by Erik Davis and includes a list of panelists that are sure to excite!
Already you can feel the excitement for Thursday at the San Diego convention center, especially in Hall H. But Hall H isn’t the only place to go for panels. Check out what will be happening in Ballroom 20 on Thursday below:
- CBS Television Studios Block – Including Scorpion, American Gothic and MacGyver
- Begins and 12pm. Get ready for 3 hours of everything you could wish from CBS! Get inside scoop of what’s up next for the team from the cast of Scorpion, get the chance to see a behind-the-scenes look at American Gothic then hear from the cast about the second half of the season. Followed with the Fan Favorites panel for Throwback Thursday at the Con! This panel will include some of your favorite CBS stars as they look back to the early days of their careers and their most memorable moments from the sets of their shows. Then finally, a look at MacGyver and it’s return to CBS in the fall!
- The Strain: Screening and Q&A
- Begins at 3:15pm. The action packed vampire thriller is back! Based on the bestselling books from Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, the hit television show returns on August 28 and arrives at Comic Con with an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming third season of the show.
- MTV Teen Wolf
- Begins at 4:30pm. The cast of Teen Wolf returns to Comic Con with executive producer Jeff Davis and the cast discussing the upcoming season and giving a first sneak peak of season 6.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage
- Begins at 5:45pm. It’s time to get ready for the next Marvel and Netflix original series, Marvel’s Luke Cage. With a release date set for September 30, the cast of the original series make their first-ever appearance, giving fans a chance to ask questions and hopefully a sneak peek at the upcoming season.
That’s the big halls for Thursday, or at least Ballroom 20 and Hall H. Now to Friday, a whole other animal. With panels for Game of Thrones, The 100, and AMC’s The Walking Dead all taking place, it’s no shock that this will be a panel day. The panel list for Hall H is below:
- Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion’s Con Man Panel
- Panel Begins at 10:30am. Join Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion as they lead a star studded panel discussing just about everything from Comic-Con HQ and featuring surprise panelists you won’t want to miss!
- AMC’s Fear the Walking Dead
- Panel Begins at 12pm. Join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead as they discuss last season and where it left you at the end of May and where it will pick up in August when it begins again.
- AMC’s The Walking Dead
- Panel Begins at 1pm. Join the cast of The Walking Dead as they discuss the upcoming season and what is expected to happen to some of your favorite characters! There will also be a sneak peek into season 7, which debuts in October.
- Game of Thrones Panel and Q&A Session
- Panel Begins at 2:15pm. After the season finale that we all just experienced, it’s a little intimidating to hear from the cast and producers of Game of Thrones. Hopefully we wil hear more about the upcoming seasons.
- Dark Horse: Conversations with Joss Whedon
- Panel Begins at 3:45pm. Joss Whedon sits down and discusses some of your favorites in comics, television and movies during this awesome panel! Here’s your chance to find out what he has in store next and maybe ask those questions you’ve been dying to ask about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity and much, much more.
- South Park: Season 20
- Panel Begins at 5pm. South Park’s 20th season is about to premiere in September and Comedy central is kicking off it’s global celebration at Comic Con. There will be plenty of guest panelists to excite as they give you a look into the upcoming season of South Park.
- AMC’s Preacher
- Panel Begins at 6:30pm. Join producers and cast as they discuss the hit series Get the chance to see a reading of the newest episode, which airs Sunday, July 24 at 9pm followed by a Q&A session.
The panel list for Ballroom 20 on Friday is just as long, if not longer, with a lot of fan favorites taking over the hall for the day.
- Inside The Big Bang Theory Writers’ Room
- Panel Begins at 10am. The writers of The Big Bang Theory have returned to San Diego, to take you into the biggest moments of season 9. Taking you behind the scenes discussing everything from the wedding to the baby news, and what goes into the hit series each week.
- Panel Begins at 11:15am. It’s time to bid farewell to Bones, a show that has captivated and entertained for years. With fan favorites returning to discuss the 12th and final season of FOX’s long running comedy.
- The 100 Special Video Presentation and Q&A
- Panel Begins at 12:30pm. Following the climatic events of the season finale, this panel is going to cover everything that has been happening on the exciting show that is fighting for the survival of humanity. See a special video presentation of season 4 and hear from the stars of the series as they discuss the show.
- Entertainment Weekly: Brave New Warriors
- Panel Begins at 1:45pm. The heroes of television are coming together to discuss the thrill and challenges of playing iconic TV characters and the awkward encounters with fans. The panel includes Josh Holloway (Colony), Dominic Cooper (Preacher), Theo Rossi (Luke Cage), Clive Standen (Taken, Vikings), Eric Dane (The Last Ship) and Corey Hawkins (24: Legacy) among others.
- Marvel Television: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Panel Begins at 3pm. Cast members come together from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. come together to discuss the next season and the dangers they faced while filming season 3. There will also be an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming season you won’t want ot miss!
- TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorites
- Panel Begins at 4:15pm. The TV Guide Magazine is back and bringing its star studded panel with it! The star studded panel includes some of the hottest names on television right now. The panelists are Marie Avgeropoulos (The 100), Bruce Campbell (Ash vs. Evil Dead), Tom Ellis (Lucifer), Rebecca Mader (Once Upon a Time), Jason Ralph (The Magicians), David Ramsey (Arrow), Brandon Routh (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) and Tamara Taylor (Bones).
- iZombie Special Video Presentation and Q&A
- Panel Begins at 5:30pm. iZombie is back for it’s third year in a row. Discussing choices the characters will have to make in the upcoming season, this panel is sure to excite fans of the Zom-Com-Rom-Dram.
- Scream Queens
- Panel Begins at 6:45pm. Get a sneak peak at Season 2 of Scream Queens during this panel which includes talent from the first season and the upcoming season. Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, and Lea Michele are just a few to name that will be discussing the upcoming season during this awesome panel.
- World Premiere of Batman: The Killing Joke
- Panel Begins at 9pm. The film that we’ve all be waiting for, Batman: The Killing Joke finally is here. Premiering at the Con, if you get into Ballroom 20 for this panel, you are in for a treat. Not only will you hear from the minds behind the film and some of it’s cast, but you’ll also get to be among the first to see the film.
That’s the full list for Thursday and Friday of Ballroom 20 and Hall H. Will you be attending any of these panels?